Tuesday, November 5, 2013

Home for the bewildered

It's ironic that the girl who writes about organic living is now fighting the after effects of a massive herbicide/pesticide poisoning that came from the farm behind us. My once organic farm is now contaminated by drift from the acreage behind us and I can never go home again and there is not a damn thing I can do about it. For the past 7 weeks I was fighting for my life with some of the most painful symptoms I have ever known. Unable to eat my weight plummeted to 84 pounds. Just a few days ago I went back on solid food after weeks of pureed baby food. It simply defies understanding.

I am learning some valuable lessons about life. One, Life is never fair. Two, people in our country have placed value in things and not beings. Three, I have found kindness in strangers. Four, I know who truly loves me and they are few and far between.

We are currently in the process of living out of some new friends home and renovating a very run down small home on the prairie with a huge expanse of land all around us and the wind dancing through the grass. Winter is fast approaching and our sanity hangs by the tether of faith. With funds in short supply and our beloved Trolley farm yet to find it's next owner, we are living by faith and the kindness of strangers and the hope for a better life in the wilds of the prairie.

No happy ending to report at this time.
Just a moment of sheer bewilderment at the turn of events on our lives and the understanding that we can't often see our future and we must learn to roll with the deep waters that can sweep through our lives and leave us breathless.

No comments:

Post a Comment