Wednesday, November 20, 2013

Lone thoughts on a high wire

The moon has been pulling me in the night to light upon my feet and notice the play of the moon to my up turned face through the open window. I have had trouble returning to dreams as I am in a season of such Tsunami like activity that my sometimes quiet mind will begin to chatter with worry. The thoughts are chattering like many birds on a wire, "what?, where is the food?, oh man look at that cat?, look out the wind is blowing?, Its cold, where is my next meal coming from?, That bird over there has been making faces at me, why doesn't the lady refill the bird bath?" Only my thoughts are more along the line of "When will I be able to move?, who is going to buy our home?, how are we going to make it financially?, what if I can't get well?, wonder what that pain in my leg is? Is my life ever going to get better? What does the future hold?"  I take a deep breath and realize that I am allowing all of those chattering birds of thoughts and worries steal my peace. I realize that in the midst of the crowd of anxious thoughts is the lone bird that is speaking softly "Peace be still" The lone bird isn't anxious or afraid. It trusts that GOD is in control and will make all things right in his will and in his time. I realize I have to really try to hear the lone birds thoughts. They can easily be drowned out by the roar of the chattering birds on the wire above. But if I will stop and breathe and say a prayer for peace, I have the ears to hear and the eyes to see a better way. The way of peace.

No comments:

Post a Comment