Wednesday, November 6, 2013

Choices

There is a saying in the wind that calls me to begin
I have choices
I can chose to give in to feelings that want me to quit
or snarl
or say an unkind word to a stranger or friend
Or I can hold my tongue until tomorrow
and trust that the storm within me will have passed
and the light upon a face will shine
I can chose
I can bring to this day a smile or a laugh
a hand that reaches out
a forgiveness of the past
I can chose
to believe in goodness and God
instead of screaming messages of indifference
that say "You don't matter to anyone"
I can chose
to be kind when I am hurt
to be gentle when I am pushed
to be humble when I am strong
to be easy when I am wound tight
I can chose
in this dark night
to wait for dawn
to begin again
to brush my hair
and love the stranger on the street
the child crying at my feet
the haughty woman in the third row
the glaring finger of the driver on the road
I can chose

Choices bring us closer to the world we want to see
All I can do is change me

No comments:

Post a Comment