Friday, April 4, 2014

Whippin Wind

I am learning to get up before dawn and begin my walk. I can see the tiny lights of Jupiter and Mars in the horizon. I can hear the sounds of deer in the forest tree's and owls foraging the prairie by moonlight. I find my way in dawns early light by talking out loud to God and sorting through the jumbled up mess that I am coming to know as my mind. The Bible says "We have the mind of Christ."
(Selah) I am stuck there because I am pretty sure the Savior of the world didn't think like me.
My mind sounds like an odd assortment of thoughts that come out of left field with such negativity I am not sure who I have become. Thoughts like "What's for dinner? RU kidding me it's Dawn for Pete's sake! " How are you going to pay for that bill that is late? What did the Dr say again? That deer is looking at you like lunch.." What? Deer don't eat meat stupid. Stupid? I am NOT stupid.
Unbelievable! No wonder I have such a struggle with my life! I can't seem to focus anymore and to think two positive thoughts in a row cramps my brain.(Selah) Which by the way means pause on that.

 Ok, here goes, I am going to blame my crazy thoughts on the wind. That's right the wind. Not the gentle breeze on a summer day kind, but the whip you senseless kind. The grit in your eyes, pushing you down, taking your feet out from under you, throwing stock tanks across the prairie landscape kind.  The kind that slams into your house and bangs on everything that is not nailed securely down. The kind that takes parts of your house and leaves it a 1/4 mile down the road. The kind of wind that can and will take your breath away and maybe your first born if your not careful. I have had a lot of time to think about the wind since I moved out here to the barren prairie. My first thought would be "What did I do to make GOD mad?" But then I thought "No don't take it personally. I am pretty sure the wind has been a factor out in this forsaken neck of the woods (actually very little woods out here) for a really long time. I just happen to be the poor smuck who had to move to the other side of the planet (Now I am sounding dramatic) but the wind will do that to you. This kind of wind has just about driven me as mad as the poor sisters who came before me. Pioneer women with a LOT more to complain about. I am pretty sure if we were privy to their private thoughts their minds were hollering pretty loudly too. I believe they called it Prairie Madness. I sort of picked up the mad part (Just ask me husband)

So that's my vent from the wild wild prairie. A city woman gone wild.
Don't believe me?
Here is a picture of our land.
Nothing to stop that damn wind.
Except a new fence that we bought last week.
I'll keep you posted on how that works.
Maybe a valium would work better.
Just sayin

No comments:

Post a Comment