Saturday, April 26, 2014

Life is only a reflection

The moon catches the field bunny as she scurries to safety in the barn. An owl watches her from the top of the pole but does not desire to partake of her. She will live to see another day.
Life is only a reflection.
A tiny moon dance between the bunny and the owl. Nothing wasted, nothing needed. They do not needlessly kill, these animals of truth. They are not like us.
We lash at our reflections
see less than joy in our hearts
and blame another.
We eat without hunger
and grow sick.
We weaken when we compare ourselves to another.
As if we hold up a mirror to another's faults and failings
and cloak our own under the dark of night.
We are only a reflection of our truth.

When God enters into me and I reflect his love
The world opens with arms that splay joy
smiles brightly
treads tenderly upon the earth
gives and does not squander
not any piece of love
all wrapped in his glory.

The spirit of ecstasy will carry me
as Life is only a reflection
of what we carry within.
I will not hold a bright light to your wounds
I will not expose you to the shame
I will only shelter you in the midst
of your deepest pain.

When I see that which disgusts me in you
I carry that within me
like a wild untamed shadow
waiting for the right directive of circumstance
to implode the underbelly of scarred truth

We are the same
and life is only a reflection of our truth waiting to be revealed.

You will turn your hand up to mine and I will lay it gently down
and the moon will capture in our eyes
truth revealed.
Time heals
Skin to skin
we reflect
upturned hearts
and roads less traveled.

And the owl watches the night unfold.

No comments:

Post a Comment