Friday, March 14, 2014

Gardens and grace

I love a garden, any garden. Gardens bring me hope that any problem can be faced. They push through hard soil, freezing barren winters and light up the spring with their little hopeful shoots of glee straining for the light and the warmth. They inspire me, those shoots, they challenge me to care about them, to want to nurture them. In nurturing them, they nurture me. It's this amazing dance of life. When that little shoot becomes a plant and then a flower that has overcome so much to bring it's glory to the garden, to nourish the bees and the birds and the visual nourishment of color and light I am in awe of it's beauty. I will bury my face in it's petals and breath deeply of it's fragrance and marvel at the grace by which GOD grows his garden.

No comments:

Post a Comment